Quick Dry Contrast Polo
Quick Dry Contrast Polo – to 7XL
Lots of Blokes tell us they don’t like 100% Polyester because it feels like plastic and makes them sweat but these Quick Dry /Cool Dry Fabrics have come a long way
Now available in Blokes sizes – they do actually keep you cool and dry in the warm weather
Lots of colours and a generous fit – you should have a go Mate
- Fabric: Rapid Cool 160gsm – 100% Polyester.
- Style: Fine pique fabric with contrast stretch tapes on shoulders, inner placket and body sides. Self-fabric collar.
- Moisture Wicking
- UV Protection – UPF 30+ UV protection.
- Quick Dry
- Easy Clean
- Comparison of Cotton with Polyester : Traditionally we have been using cotton-based fabrics , which feel very comfortable to wear because they have a very good water absorbing capability as it is a spun yarn, and can absorb moisture up to 25 times it’s weight. But at the same time the problem with cotton is that even though it absorbs quick, it does not dry quickly which makes the fabric feel bulky and wet for a long period of time. In comparison to cotton, Polyester does not have a good water absorbency function by its own, and has a low moisture regain value of 0.4%., as it is a man-made filament yarn. But by adding some special chemicals the fabric can be given a good moisture wicking capability, so it can absorb the moisture within seconds. Now at the same time as polyester yarn cannot hold the water molecules it would have a much better drying time as well, so after absorbing the moisture from the skin the fabric tends to dry quickly.
- All Polyester is not Quick Dry : Many of the fabrics which are being sold in the market in the name of Quick Dry or sports material are truly not having any such function, and all polyester/ nylon fabrics are being called quick dry. Whereas the fabric needs to be processed with special chemicals at the dyeing stage, depending on the level of wicking required. As this process is not visible without testing many suppliers mislead buyers and do not add any chemicals to save costs. This is very rudimentary to the performance of the garment as it will make the wearer feel uncomfortable. A very easy way to checking it is by putting a drop of water on the fabric, and if it has quick dry properties, it will be absorbed instantly within 2 seconds.