Chef Neckerchief – Colours
Chef Neckerchief – Colours- Black, White, Navy/White and Hot Pink
- 65% Polyester for durability and 35% Cotton for comfort. Scarf made from Twill
- Triangular scarf size is 70cm x 100cm
- Easy care fabric
Why Do Chefs Wear Chef Neckerchiefs?
Chefs wear neckerchiefs to help them stay cool in warm kitchens. This piece of fabric absorbs sweat and prevents it from dripping into the dishes being prepared, so it can help your commercial kitchen stay sanitary. Additionally, chefs can untie their neckerchief to mop their brow or other areas on their face when conditions are especially hot. While neckerchiefs have a practical purpose, some establishments may also require this accessory in order to complete their kitchen staff uniform.
How to Tie a Chef Neckerchief
- 1.Lay your neckerchief flat on a surface.
- 2.Fold it in half to make a rectangle. If your neckerchief is tringular, match the pointed edge to the straight edge.
- 3.Repeatedly fold the rectangle along the long edge to make it into a thin strip.
- 4.Drape the strip around your neck, keeping the right side longer than the left.
- 5.Wrap the long side of the strip around the short side, ending with the long side on the left and the short side on the right.
- 6.Take the long end up and behind the knot. Then, pull the long end down through the knot.
- 7.Bring the two short ends up behind the knot, and then tuck them into the same space where you pulled the end down in the previous step.
- 8.Straighten the knot so that it sits comfortably.
If you’d like a solution to keep your neck cool while working in the kitchen, a neckerchief is a great option for you. Once you master the tying technique for this classic chef accessory, you’ll be ready for busy meal services in a hot environment.